Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How do I dye dark brown hair to a med. reddish brown?

ok, A few days ago I went and got a dye job on my medium length hair. I wanted a light brown and got a vary dark brown that I cannot stand. What color dye from the drugstore would I use to add some reddish/golden tones into it? Any brands that are favorites? I feel like nothing will cover this dark of a hair color!



How do I dye dark brown hair to a med. reddish brown?

Whoa...that's not gonna work. You CANNOT lighten colored hair with another color. Example: say you have blonde hair and you dye it black...two months later you decide that you want it red so you put red color on your hair...what will happen is the regrowth (roots) will turn red and the rest will stay black. Once hair has been dyed a darker color it can ONLY be lightened by using hair bleach (highlighting powder mixed with a high-level developer). If you had naturally dark hair then you COULD lighten it with dye, but dye CANNOT lighten dye.



I would suggest waiting about a week or two to see if it lightens up on it's own (most likely it will). If it doesn't then go back to the salon and explain the situation. Very small highlights all-over will give it a lighter appearance. You might also want to try a Malibu Treatment. It will pull out any excess dye that is sitting on your hair and probably lighten you up a shade or two (this is safer than highlights because it does not contain any chemicals).



How do I dye dark brown hair to a med. reddish brown?

I used garnier when my hair used to be red. As long as your hair isnt black then your okay. Its the black tones that are almost impossible to take out. I was dumb and dyed my hair BLACK last year and I was at the salon for 6 hours. Finally I have a dark brown with highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment